[TOEC] RA/SM6LRR, CQ WW CW, SOSB40 LP UNASSISTED

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 08:19:29 PST 2011

Call: RA/SM6LRR
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RA/SM6LRR

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Vereya, Nr. Moscow
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:  343    18       64
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Planned to make a fulltime effort but Murphy in the shape of the Power Failure
Demon had other plans. The first 9 hours went ok. Lots of US stations in the
log and some nice DX (9N7DX, J6M, T6MO, 3V8SS, ZK2V, VP2V/N3DXX, 8P5A, PJ2T,
KH7X, P40F, A71EM, A45XR, PW7T).

Impressed in particular with US stations abilit to pick up weak LP signals from
modest statons like mine. Every US station called eventually managed to log my
call except for one 9th call area station with a very loud signal... Despite
trying many times at different occassions I had to give up on that one.

Next year I think the time has either come for finally realizing my tower plans
and put up a 2 or 3 element yagi on 40 meters - or/and to finally purchase that
ACOM 1000 I have been dreaming for during the last years. 100 Watts into a
1/4-wave is really a bit too much for the nerves nowadays.

Great conditions, great contest and looking forward to next year already now.

Needless to say, a generator is also on the wish-list for Santa Claus this
year... 5 hours of waiting for the power to return in the remote Russian
country-side was a bit too much!

73 de RA/SM6LRR, Mats