[TOEC] Contest video + audio stream demonstration

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Fri Aug 10 13:11:20 PDT 2012

Hello,

As announced some days ago by Ingo SM5AJV, this
year's SAC will feature a National Team Contesting
trial
(http://www.sactest.net/blog/sac-2012-introduces-national-team-contesting/).
One feature of this trial is real-time scoring along
with audio and video streams from the team member
stations, to improve the spectator aspects.

I will be working the WAE DX CW contest this
weekend as OH2BH, and have created a simple setup
to demonstrate the idea. If you are interested,
please take a look at http://www.cqcontest.ru/videoscore.jsp
(In SAC, there will be a dedicated Team Contest page with
summed scores) Click the button under "TV1" on the line
corresponding to OH2BH (or any other station that has a feed),
put on your headphones, and that's it.

The feed is alive now and will be so over the weekend,
so you can check it out any time. Perhaps around 00z
tonight somebody will also turn up to operate, but it
will not exactly be a beauty contest broadcast :) The
camera angle is not the best, but it was what I could
manage quickly tonight.

If you have trouble starting the feed, try connecting
directly to http://www.justin.tv/kimostman in another
browser window. For some reason at least I had some
glitches with the start-up, but starting the direct
feed from the source (you can then close it) will also
get the cqcontest.ru feed going...

All feedback on how it worked, any problems, etc. will
be much appreciated!

73
Kim OH6KZP