[TOEC] RM2D - Ukrainian DX Contest - Single Op All Bands Mixed High Power

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 10:18:40 EST 2014

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Vereya
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:  177     57     51
   40:  216     92     62
   20:  247     93     67
   15:   78      2     39
   10:   54      4     30
---------------------------
Total:  772    248    249  Total Score = 1,032,852

Club:

Comments:

Last year I worked Single Band 80 Mixed HP and that was the plan this year as
well when leaving my Moscow apartment. Half way to my contest location I
realized that I had forgotten the Heil Headset at home...

As Single Band categories are mixed, I started thinking about All Band CW
instead of mixed due to the fact that the headset decided to "stay at
home"".

However,I managed to find the original Kenwood Hand Mic to my TS 590S, so that
became the first radio instead of the normal FT 1000D. I was glad to test the
TS 590S in a quite serious effort and I can say I really become more and more
familiar to this nice little radio. Really nice receiver and now also with
better audio with standard hand mic instead of my Heil with microphone element
not really suitable for TS590S (It is the FT 1000 element that works super on
that old radio, but not ideal for TS 590S).

Decision was made to enter in All BandMixed HP and now after the contest I did
not regret that. Lots of activity, quite acceptable conditions on all bands and
lots of activity from Ukraine and other stations.

This contest is becomming one of my favourite WW contests due to the fact that
Ukrainian participation is so high and the difference in points make it very
valuable to work as many Ukrainians in as many oblasts as possible.

Great operators and lots of fun both in Run and S&P mode.

I will be back next year for sure, then perhaps in the 80 meter mixed mode.

73 de Mats  RM2D (SM6LRR)

"Ham Radio and Contesting Happily Free from Politics and intrigues"