TopBand: Annobon trip

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Annobon trip
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:06:33 -0500 (EST)
Hello Topbanders!

        I've been away the past week on a cruise to HH, ZF, 6Y and
XE3 with my XYL.  Many thanks to Tree N6TR for filling in while I was
gone.  Here's a message from Mac W9EVI regarding the 3C0 expedition.

                                        73,  Bill  W4ZV

      Anyhow, please tell the boys that the March 5 trip is delayed - AGAIN!
 On January 20, an armed group failed in a coup attempt against Eq-Guinea.
 The power was off in the capitol for a week or so, the Ministries are
closed, and persons and cars entering and leaving  Malabo, the capitol, are
searched.  Oh, the insurgents attacked the power generators first, then
attacked an army post, then marched on Malabo.
      This will settle down soon, and we will pick another date and go for
it.  No wonder Annobon is rare, eh?! Anyhow, we're ready and our bags are
packed. 73, Mac Reynolds, W9EVI