TopBand: Tuning 2 tuners

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Tuning 2 tuners
From: michon@eatel.net (Michael Michon)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 15:25:20 -0700
Thanks to all who offered input to the question of 2 tuners.  The idea was
to use linked coupled tuners at the transmitter and at the antenna.  The
link was to provide a balanced to unbalanced situation at the antenna, and
an unbalanced/balanced situation as well as tuning at the transmitter.
However, it also looks like it has to be "tuned" in some manner at the
antenna. If we don't need a balanced/unbalanced transformation at the
antenna, as suggested by L.B. Cebik, so much the better, the thing is way
less complicated.

If we do need one, we would like to do it with the link coupled tuner.

My friend and I are not sane people, and we are determined to feed the
vertical with open wire feeders and try and make it work as best as we can
within the time and money limits we have. Coax and baluns are fine, but we
have this image of our open wire feeders going up the hill with big coils
and capacitors doing the job. There are easier ways, but we WANT to do it
this way.

Humor us, help us if you can,  we are throwbacks to days gone by.

Mike Michon
AB5XP

To: <topband@contesting.com>