TopBand: bevs

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: bevs
From: jjelect@fgi.net (jjelect@fgi.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 06:50:44 -0600
Hi all

i guess i miss sent a ? on a bev the other day directly to w4zv  my fualt
sorry Bill

well i have installed a 500 1000 an 2000 ft bev now NE from roughly 89x39
in central IL.
nothing to the due east yet

listening to the top band for the first time   as i just moved here form
the city
where its a s 9 on a good night
the last couple nights i was able to copy the e3 an ty along with a few
others some of which are a whisper
switching between these 3 antenna the 500 ft got me e3 an ty on 80 where
there barley audiable on the 1000 an 2000
but its was deaf into the opening on sun night i heard hb i g all around
2215 on 160 1 1/2 hrs before sunset
this i attribute to there fine station in eu
later i heard a 5b an ta along with jy
as my inverted vee for this season on tx is not offering me much in the way
of getting back to what i am hearing  i am a happy camper an hope offer any
chat of experinces with short or long beverages with anyone
  by the way anyone know what ds5rnm is using for a tx antenna at 1214
11/11 he peaked at s8 on the s meter but no one called him so he left
well thanks for all the input   see you in the pile ups
73 skip