TopBand: XZ1N

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: XZ1N
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 00:28:47 -0800
Hello all

Its down to the wire, and it looks like its all falling into place.
We expect to be on topband saturday night, nov 21, but may not have all
the RX antennas in place for a day or two.
We expect to be QRV on topband each nite for the full dark period,
barring operator failure. (read operator collapse)
We plan to continue the last week with a 2 man operation through the 10M
ARRL test period, with last topband transmission expected to be 0010Z
12-13-98.

We will try to arrange for all the top band calls worked to be posted
each day to our web site at http://nc7j.qrq.com/~xz1n
This likley to be a very manual process, so please be patient.

Synopsis of operating data:

We expect to TX 1825.5, and RX 1828 -1+2, and for JA ONLY 1912.

We will listen for NA from before sunset through approx 1630Z

We will listen for Pacific region stations through approximately 1730Z,
activity dependent.

We will listen for JA; from approx 1730Z thru approx 1930Z, activity
dependent

We will listen for EU/AS region stations from approx 1930Z thru
2300Z

We WILL qsy each morning at 2300Z to TX 1805.5 RX 1808 +- 0.3
to work NA regions ONLY, PLEASE!
(Please dont ALL call right on 1808.0, a little spread is GOOD!)
(We will have to confirm that these frequencies are quiet, and N6FF will
post any change, should one be necessary.)

(at the risk of irritating some, here's a little soapbox)

PLEASE. If you worked us in 1996, don't call again.. Give the
others a chance. Also, some DX stations like to be called every
nite to say hello, and the band is open.- we DON'T want such calls,
copying is WAY too tuff for that... PLEASE DO NOT CALL US AGAIN IF YOU
COMPLETED A FULL EXCHANGE WITH US ONCE.

We hope to substantially exceed the 1200 QSOS from 1996, (of which 15%
were duplicates),but we cannot do it without your help.
The more orderly things are, the faster the QSOS go!

Please help us make good copy on each station we pick out by NOT calling
during the exchange. We will NOT respond to tailending,
or other calls heard during a contact. (clue that qso is complete
is our callsign... we typically will not send our call until the qso is
complete and we are ready for the pile)

Thank you for your patience with my soapbox.

See you all from XZ1N
73
Robin Critchell, WA6CDR
topband captain