TopBand: CQ WW CW operation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CQ WW CW operation
From: k9la@gte.net (Carl K9LA)
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:18:07 -0800
CQ WW CW 160m contest ops,

I plan to do a single-band 160m effort for CQ WW CW (November 28 and 29)
as ZF2LA.

I will be on all night for both nights.  ZF sunset will be 2239 UTC and
sunrise will be 1143 UTC.  I will look for JA and VK/ZL around ZF sunrise
on both nights.

For transmit I?ll be using my AL-811 at 600w out to an inverted-vee at 90
feet.  That seemed to work reasonably well last year for our ZF1A
multi-single effort.  The receiving antennas will be a Beverage to the
northeast and EWEs to the NW and SW.

Going to ZF for CQ WW CW was a last minute decision, and because of the
hard-to-get airline reservations on such short notice we don?t arrive
until 1PM Friday - that doesn?t leave much time to put out the receiving
antennas!  Help from my wife Vicky (she?s KB5EAM/ZF2LU) hopefully will
get this job done for the first night of operation.

I look forward to working as many of you as possible.  QSLs go to K9LA.

Carl K9LA