TopBand: Balloon source located

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Balloon source located
From: w5kft@nts-online.net (be)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:52:51 -0600
I just found out that one of the local surplus places has mylar weather
ballons
available.  They are individually packed in what appears to be a clear
vacuum
pack.  The balloon itself  looks like a glob of mess in the packaging
but they
guy tells me that they will inflate to make 4-5 foot balloons.  They are
mylar,
not rubber or latex, so must be handled with some degree of care to
prevent
tearing or ripping.  The price is $10 each or 3 for $25.

If anyone has need for the balloons, I will be glad to go by and pick
them up, I
go by every couple of days to watch for new treasures so it is no
problem about
picking them up.

I just talked to the local welding supply and they have helium avaiable
in a 219 cu ft
cylinder for $57.50 and that should fill approximately 6 balloons. These
are the figures
from the helium guru.

Bryan Edwards W5KFT
Lubbock, Texas