TopBand: s/n

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: s/n
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 02:02:27 EST
Hi, Bob,

I'd go with the broadside Ewes (or better yet, Pennants or Flags, because
they don't need any ground whatsoever, while two Ewes require four good
ground systems).  Spaced 300' or so will give results about equivalent to
an 1100' Beverage, according to my models.  This can't be obtained in an
end fire configuration.

As you say, feeding is much simpler, too.  Properly designed, the
broadside array F/B is every bit as good as end fire, in addition to the
much narrower beamwidth.

73, de Earl, K6SE

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]