TopBand: Is XZ1N hearing well?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Is XZ1N hearing well?
From: jerryandgail@earthlink.net (Jerry and Gail )
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:55:10 -0800
I must disagree with Earl about how well XZ1N was hearing the West Coast
on Sunday the 22nd at 1400Z+. He worked a few, but not many....a very
low QSO rate. There were lots calling. He had a very good signal here on
the 1/4 wave vertical transmitting antenna, which is fairly effective on
transmit but poor on receive. Usually it would be easy for me to work
him under those circumstances. I conclude that he had very high QRN
levels and could only hear the super-stations.

Any updates on the conditions there?  QSO rates seem low on 17M also.

Jerry   AI6L