TopBand: An interesting morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: An interesting morning
From: csus04@lmpsil02.comm.mot.com (Raymond Dave-CSUS04)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:22:20 -0600

It was an interesting morning on the topband.  Early on there was virtually
no activity in the first 50 khz of the band except around 1822 where VK9LX
was calling CQ.  The pig farmers were having their usual morning conference
on 1823 pretty much obliterating VK9LX who, by the way, had a decent signal.
Then along came JA1HQT who called CQ and used 1822 for a QSX.  W8JI answered
(on 1822) JA1HQT's CQ at which time things got even more interesting.  I
think Saka might have seen my spot in which I mentioned the problem as he
must have either moved his QSX or went QRT.  This helped.

Can VK9LX use a different frequency than 1822?  The pig farmer's conference
is a daily event that will not change.  If the VK9LX op could move up the
band a bit it will definitely help.   1826.5 would be a good freq (assuming
XZ1N is not close by).

73 and Happy Thanksgiving to all. . . Dave
W0FLS