TopBand: A61AJ loud in VK6

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: A61AJ loud in VK6
From: sire@omen.com.au (Steve Ireland)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:58:20 +0800
Bernie W3UR operating as A61AJ was 579 from 2040Z this morning on 1832.25,
mainly listening 3 up, until just after my sunrise (2104Z). Signals peaked
about 10/15 minutes before sunrise.

I think I heard Bernie arrive on the frequency, but he was immediately
called by a large pile of Europeans and Mike VK6HD and I just could not
break the pile-up.

Thanks to Bernie for trying to listen for Oceania/SE Asia.  By the time I
realised Bernie was listening on his own frequency for us, he had changed
back to 3 up. I am not sure if he could have heard us through all the
European stations calling anyway, but it was a nice try.

Both Mike and I will be on frequency again tomorrow - if someone could let
Bernie know he was a good signal into VK6 this morning and that we will try
again tomorrow, that would be great.

Many thanks!

Vy 73,

Steve, VK6VZ

PS Heard some rare Eu stations calling XZ1N, including Y05BRZ who was a
genuine RST 599.  One of these days I hope a YO will call me...