Topband: ROTOR WIRE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ROTOR WIRE
From: facmop@erols.com (fred)
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 17:50:02 -0500

I have one small question as I finish with my radial laying project. I
would like to finish it off with a few really long approx 100 foot
lengths. This is the length of my urban lot. How would the ground radial
system look at 8 or so conductor Radio Shack type rotor wire?   Would it
look like one conductor? Or would it look like 8 individual wires? I
could fan out the last 50 feet in various directions. Basically I'm
trying to get some wires toward the front of my yard, but I am working
around the house which is in the middle of the property. The Antenna is
in the middle of the back yard. Lot size is 50' X100'
I had a nice time with the 70 degree wx in MD. to lay out 65 radials
with the Sod Staple method. The Gran Finale will be the rotor wire about
20 wires 100 feet long. Then some long term testing before Ma Nature
starts her show.

Thanks Fred KC4MOP