Topband: Flags and Pennants

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Flags and Pennants
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 16:10:49 -0700
Since the appearance of my "Flags and Pennants" article in the July issue
of QST, I've been bombarded with questions via e-mail and telephone, hi.
One of the more predominant questions is, "Who makes a suitable
impedance-matching transformer for the antennas?"

At the Dayton Hamvention, I met Jay, WX0B, who had an exhibit booth there
for his company named "Array Solutions".  His specialty is manufacturing
antenna coupling devices.  He showed me a transformer he makes
specifically for Pennants and Flags.   During our conversation I learned
that he is somewhat of an advocate of the antennas.

So, to answer the question about a commercially-available transformer for
the Flag/Pennant type of antenna, try Jay, WX0B.  His e-mail address is:

     wx0b@arraysolutions.com

I don't know the cost of the transformer, and I have no connection with
Jay's company.

73, de Earl, K6SE