Topband: Question for the group

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question for the group
From: keith@jillings.org.uk (Keith Jillings)
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 20:16:03 +0100
> There is an article on such a filter in the February, 1986 QST, p15ff
> written by N4UU.
>
> It splits the audio and processes it in two channels. There is a CW version
> and an SSB version.

I recall using such a device many years ago - no idea how it worked, but
it used stereo headphones (or loudspeaker) to spread the CW between left
and right depending on audio frequency.   I can remember working a
contest, and saying to the other op "You copy the left one, I'll take
the right one."

It was broadbanded - several kHz wide.

I preferred to put my head inside a large cone speaker to copy the weak
ones.

73,

Keith

G3OIT   GW3OIT   G-UTSY at EGMC