Topband: Loop-family antenna notes

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Loop-family antenna notes
From: w7iuv@earthlink.net (Larry Molitor)
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:05:27 -0100
After reading Gary's comments on the loop family antennas, I realized that
I had left out one bit of information regarding the "Delta" performance. It
seems that most of the delta performance degradation was caused by the 80
and 160 elevated radials and by the wire fence around the property.
Horizontal stuff! While the degradation caused by the towers was still more
that what was experienced with the flag and pennant, the horizontal stuff
were the real killers.

Those wishing to do modeling work might consider this aspect. At this time,
I cannot do any modeling myself(long boring computer story) so I will have
to rely on others to explain the results I see.

73,

Larry - W7IUV

P.S. Guess I'll have top try a K9AY version some day, just to compare.