Topband: FT-1000 Antenna Switching Arrangements?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT-1000 Antenna Switching Arrangements?
From: k3ky@erols.com (k3ky@erols.com)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 23:16:53 -0400
I just got an FT-1000 recently, a late 1991 build, and have
added a BPF-1 band pass filter because I want to do some
polarity diversity work on the low bands with separate
antennas. I'm quite familiar now with the way Yaesu did
the front end switching arrangements, and also with the
several published mods designed to add functionality for
low band DXing. I know basically what I need to do to
regain the capability to receive using Beverage and other
low noise antennas using the main receiver, now that I have
changed the setting of S1001 to "E-BPF".
I would appreciate it if other FT-1000 owners would share
their knowledge in this area-
? Do you have a BPF-1 installed, and if so, do you use
    it much? (Some owners rarely or never use it).
? If you do have the BPF, have you done any of the
    antenna switching mods? I know of at least 2 that have
    been published, including one in QST* and two in the
    Yaesu newsgroup (K0FF mod). Or perhaps you might
    have designed your own internal or external mod?
? Other antenna switching arrangements used on the low
    bands by those who do not have the BPF installed?
? Any other information you might care to share about
    using the BPF in DUAL mode, diversity reception with
    the FT-1000, and low band DXing experiences with the
    radio in general?
    (* QST, Jun 96, page 70)

I will also very likely be doing the VFO tracking mod from
G-land, where a 5V relay and the Spot switch are adapted
to allow the main VFO to tune both receivers up and down
the band (or separate, depending on the setting of the
switch).  I would like to hear from anyone who has tried
this mod. Thanks, 73, David K3KY