Topband: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP click reduction - CORRECTION

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP click reduction - CORRECTION
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 07:11:59 -0400
W8JI originally wrote:
>Locate T2018 at the right front area of the IF Unit. Remove the IF
>Unit by unplugging the ribbon cables in that area and flip it over.
>
>C2128 is a .0047uF chip capacitor on the center pin of the
>secondary of T2018. Either change C2148 to .15uF, or add a .1 uF
>capacitor in parallel with C2148 (from the CT of T2018 to ground).

N4ZR replied:
> Is this a typo?  Should it be C2148?

Too much time looking at surface mount boards!

C2148 is the correct capacitor to change. C2148 is a tiny .0047uF
chip near T2018.

I soldered a .1 uF chip directly across it, but a leaded part would
work also. When I solder chip caps, I hold the cap on one end with
a small alligator clip to get it started. Then I solder the side where
the clip was last. Maybe someone has a better method.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com