Topband: re:hytower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: re:hytower
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:16:37 -0500
I've had good luck using the Hy-Tower on 160, 80, and 40 meters,
although most of the time I've been using that antenna with additional
tower sections added.  As with all antennas the quality of its performance
for you will depend on the particulars of your installation (ground/radial
system used, antenna placement, etc.).
My reply is more based on something that I recently learned while
ordering tower sections:  Rohn has stopped making its BX series of
towers due to increased government requirements for free-standing
towers.  This type of tower is used in making the Hy-Tower.
Unless MFJ/Hy-Gain has a large inventory of BX tower or changes
to using a different type of tower sections, the Hy-Tower should be
fading from the new antenna market...

73,  Bill     K0HA