Topband: Shortend Vertical model questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Shortend Vertical model questions
From: kb8jvh@reydata.com (Tony Reynolds)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:28:30 +0000
Hi Tom,
Very good info! I had already modeled a thicker vertical element and was
surprised at how little difference it made. The series resonate theory is
coming back, to many years out of school. If you don't use it you lose it. I
like the idea of using less components and keeping the coil closer to the
ground for ease of adjustment and will be pursuing that avenue. Thanks again
for your wisdom and advice. BTW, heard you on the band last night S9 +40 as
usual in Ohio on my 1/2wave dipole up 35 feet. I need to work on getting my
CW speed back up again, you guys are fast. :) I'm to use to the laid back
VHF UHF speeds.

73, Tony KB8JVH