Topband: Beverage grounds

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage grounds
From: 2@vc.net (2)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:11:10 -0800

>I would like to hear from anyone with experience with the methods of
>grounding beverages (ground rod, radials or both).

?  MF/HF current penetrates only a few inches into garden-variety soil,
so conductors buried deeper than that are about as beneficial as teats on
a boar hog.  Soft copper tubing buried horizontally just under the
surface seems to present a low R at MF/HF.  However, with a beverage, the
RF-resistance of the ground (at the termination-end) simply becomes part
of the terminating resistance, so ground R matters not a lot.   The
feed-end is another matter.

cheers, Don

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end