Topband: GR-1606-B

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: GR-1606-B
From: john.w1fv@telocity.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 06:59:42 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 02 April 2002, Bill Lakatosh wrote

> Could anyone tell me if this would be a better
> instrument with which to measure the feed impedance.

The GR-1606-B is definitely more accurate.  In fact it
is probably one of the very best instruments available
for RF impedance measurements.  Although the MFJ is
very handy, its accuracy is not as good and it is known
to be susceptible to RFI, causing corrupted
measurements.  The GR is immune to RFI because it is a
completely passive instrument, although it is a lot
more cumbersome to use.  I own both the MFJ-259B and
the GR-1606-A, which is very similar to the 1606-B.
Whenever I need really accurate measurements, I use the
GR.

73, John W1FV