Topband: Diversity receiving

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Diversity receiving
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:41:29 -0400
> Tom W8JI said : "The solution is to run stereo diversity with phase-locked
> receivers."
>  That is what I have been using here for the last 8 years using an FT1000D
> and feeding the Tx

But is it possible to lock the receivers in the FT-1000 without having to
constantly hold the tracking button?  When I owned the
FT-1000MP, I don't believe continuous frequency tracking of both receivers was
possible and it was a real pain.

I now use the Ten-Tec RX-340 commercial-grade DSP receiver with the Pegasus as
the sub-receiver and continuous diversity tracking is
a feature of the N4PY software.

-Paul, W9AC