Topband: salt the ground?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: salt the ground?
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:23:44 +0100
Hi Rick,

We in New England know all about SALT, especially the kind they use to melt
the ice on the roads in the winter time. It works wonders melting the ice,
often eventually causes rusting on our automobiles, and in the spring we
notice that our lawns near the road are all dead and never recover!

Furthermore, in areas where we have wells (we are too far from town to get
water delivered up here), there are "LOW SALT AREA" markers on the roads
for the salting trucks.

I'll stick with the rod (or two) in the ground near the antenna and hope
for the best.

73,

Joe, W1JR