Topband: yv5mbx - Antenna Help

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: yv5mbx - Antenna Help
From: Javier Lòpez <jlopez@plasticosomega.com> (Javier Lòpez)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:47:40 -0400
Hi,

I`m trying to set-up a wire antenna for 160 mts, but my lot it`s a slope =
instead flat. I have the chance to run a slope wire of about 51 mts (170 =
ft) using a mast of 24 ft at the top of the slope.

I try Flag pole & L antenna without success I think because the tower is =
pretty close from the mast (15 ft) and maybe there is a wire fence all =
around???????

The tower is about 45ft with a TH6DXX and a pair of VHF antennas (13B2).

I`m thinking about 1/4 wave slope dipole or a "V" dipole with the feed =
point about 3 ft over the ground.

Ideas welcome!!!!!!

Have had some of you experience with the 160 mt add-on kit for the =
Butternut HF2V?????

Ideas welcome.

Merry Xtmas & Happy New Year!!!!
Javier & Susan
yv5mbx & yv5mbu

PD: I fully recommend make your wife ham-operator to avoid problem with =
antennas and/or radial system.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---