Topband: Conditions here this AM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Conditions here this AM
From: john.w1fv@telocity.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 08:15:20 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 01 Jan 2003, Larry Emery wrote:

> Conditions favoring my SW Beverage up here in Maine
> this AM as I could
> copy two of the JA stations that Tom W8JI was
working!
> Both JA3CJO and
> JA3KZR were 439 for about 2 minutes at exactly my
1210Z
> sunrise.
> First JA's heard this season here.

I also heard both JA's at exactly the same time here in
eastern MA!  It was definitely a skew path to the SW.
This is a very difficult path from New England, which
makes it kind of surprising.  There was nothing on the
NW Beverage.

I have also heard JA1HQT and JA1CGM earlier this
season, but otherwise propagation to JA has been
virtually non-existent at my QTH.

So far the winter season is shaping up as a rerun of
last year--very poor!

73, John W1FV