Topband: 160m contests - what do you want?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m contests - what do you want?
From: k9ay at k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Mon Jan 27 20:00:56 2003
>          Flame suit on.  IMHO we will all benefit more by working
> on our receive antennas than we will from looking for a "magic
> crutch" in the form of a DX window.  160 is simply an unforgiving
> band, especially in a contest, and a DX window will NOT solve
> that fundamental fact.
>
>                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV
-------

I think the "no DX window" situation will sort itself out...

My operating time was limited to 8-1/2 hours on the first night, but with a
very modest station here in the alleged Black Hole of Wisconsin, I worked DX
all over the band (19 countries). Some were under US stations, some in the
old window, some in the clear with good signals and no pileup.

Conditions are going to get even better in the next few years, and I'm
really looking forward to hearing what all the new worldwide activity sounds
like at sunspot minimum!

73, Gary
K9AY