Topband: Noise phasing devices

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise phasing devices
From: ua3vcs at hotmail.com (Art Pope)
Date: Fri Jan 31 14:38:16 2003
Dear Topbanders,

I installed the antenna for 160(tnx for help on that one) to realize that
the band is full of tremendous man maid noise. The only dx qso was with
rn6bn in the past cq 160 contest by far. Nothing more heard. Even copying
JAs is a real ordeal here. My next step is to put a flag RX ant.(tnx RQUAD
for the transformer and the termination resistor).

I am afraid that that addition will not solve the reception problem on my
side. I am seeking advice on "noise cancelers" such as mfj 1026. Any one has
anything to say about it?

Happy Chinese(lunar) New Yaer,

de Art bw3/ua3vcs