Re: Topband: Rohn Tower for 160/80 antenna

To: K4SV2@charter.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Rohn Tower for 160/80 antenna
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:00:40 -0700
Dave, K4SV asked:

"Wanted to ask if the normal calculation for a 1/4 vertical applies
(234/F(mhz) = Feet of antenna for 160 meters using a Rohn 25G section of
tower for the radiator (125 foot)?"
On the other hand, if the 13 sections of Rohn 25G (126' 6") is sitting on
top of 6" insulators and is fed at the bottom of one leg, it will be
resonant at 1831 kHz without any "stinger" on top (per my tower models).

In my previous post, the tower was fed with equal currents to each of the
three legs.  This post is probably more practical and accurate.

73, de Earl, K6SE