Re: Topband: Beverage measurements

To: jbattin@email.msn.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage measurements
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:48:56 -0400
Hi John!

K9DX wrote:
>7. If you want better signal to noise, reduce the beam-width. Going from 15 to 30db off the sides or back, won't do much.

        Do you feel this applies to staggered/phased Beverages
(i.e.echelon)?  My greatest noise problem is often thunderstorms
from the South-Central US when trying to listen toward Europe.
I've been considering staggered/phased Beverages as a solution
and believe this should help greatly.  Even if individual Beverage
F/R patterns are not great, the result of a phased/staggered pair
should work fairly well IMHO.  Any thoughts on this?

73, Bill W4ZV