Topband: Auroral skew & and radial materials

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Auroral skew & and radial materials
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 17 Dec 2006 13:15 GMT
Hi refelctees !
refering here to two current topics.First, i observed during the last geomag
disturbance, that there was more of a true circle bearing than usual, means
that the signals were weaker but definitely coming in from the northern
bearings. I have a beverage on the PAC NW, one on the east coast, and one on
the Caribbean. The regular conception is, that with enhanced auroral activity
we expect skewed signals. I have been very surprised to learn the contrary this
time. That was true with left coast signals as with eastcoast sigs.As i can
switch in 30 degree increments, i can pretty exactly tell whats the deal, but i
truely dont know what to make of it !
Second, regarding radial materials, i can only strongly suggest to use
"saltwater resistant" zirkonized Aluminum welding wires. They come in spools
and are easily obtained thru shipyards, where its used to weld on ships hulls.
The survival time in even acidic soils is extremely good.
Thats my two pence worth.
Stay tuned to 160 !  --  .-.  -.--     -..-   --   .-   ...
de wolf  df2py