Topband: Fwd: Topband Reject

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Topband Reject
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:20:24 -0500
Hello Everyone,

        I'm forwarding this to the list since newer subscribers
sometimes have similar problems.  Please remember to follow our list
guidelines which are there for the benefit of all.

A subscriber wrote:

> Am a bit confused why or how my entry on this "Frustration" thread was
> considered "inappropriate".

        The content is fine...it's the format that is a problem.  Please
delete the previous message from the bottom.  You are using
"top-posting" which is fine between individuals but is inappropriate
for a large (>1500 subscribers) list.  The worst example of this is
when someone top-posts a complete digest!  You can read more about
top-posting here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting#Top-posting

> Perhaps there is a site or means to obtain this "guidelines" so referenced?

        Yes, you received a copy when you subscribed which is repeated below:

> In re-reading the other 5 comments posted, am really in the dark about this
> "inappropriate" entry, as it sure seems in the same light as what the others
> commented, and I thought my comments were supporting the difficulties on TB
> when operating in the Tropics.
>
> Would appreciate the specific reason(s) for this entry, as well as how to
> obtain this "guideline" list so indicated.

        As I said, there's nothing wrong with the content but simply the
format.  Just delete the previous message from the bottom and
resubmit.  Of course you can also do "in-line" posting as I have in
this reply to you if you want to preserve the context of a message for
multiple thoughts.

73!

Bill  W4ZV