Re: Topband: Inverted V shaped like a W

To: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ in Waco" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted V shaped like a W
From: "George (K8GG) & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:46:24 -0500
Jim, WB5OXQ wrote:

 To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:27 PM
Subject: Topband: Inverted V shaped like a W

>I wonder how messed up an antenna for 160 would be if the center was
>supported at 55' and the legs had to be bent like a letter W in order to
>get the required length for 1/2 wave at 1.9 mhz.  The ends would wind up
>being only 20' from the ground.  Would it be better to feed it with 450 ohm
>line and use the tuner?
> If my neighbor would just let me run 1 leg over her property I would not
> have to bend the legs at all.  then 55 at center 30 at ends.

Jim:

Rather than zig-zag each half of the inverted-Vee, why not make the half
element that cannot go over the neighbor's property a T shape where the
bottom of the vertical leg is the feed point?

Plan view where the feed point is the double dot

I think you will find it is also more broad banded than running a W shape.

GL & 73

George    K8GG