Topband: Short Vertical Loading Advise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Short Vertical Loading Advise
From: "Gerry Hohn" <telwest@telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:55:06 -0700
coil/capacitors with several turns shorted out. This year I've added 3 25'
sloping loading wires (about 45 degrees) attached at about 22'. I have about 40
30' buried radials and average or better ground conditions.

What I was wondering about is the cancellation effect of these loading wires vs
the benefit. Adding these wires has broadened the bandwidth considerably and
I've been able to work some DX, usually if I can hear it I can work it if the
pileup isn't big.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta