Re: Topband: Phased Vertical Question

To: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cox.net>,"stan@aqity.org" <stan@aqity.org>,"topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Phased Vertical Question
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:54:41 -0800
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 1:54:22 -0500, Stan Stockton wrote:

>I was going to bring the 700 feet of hardline (3/4 wavelengths to
>each vertical to the house instead and never dreamed that could
>cause a problem.

I see nothing wrong with your plan, except that the routing of the
coax in the vicinity of the antenna might cause slight asymetry in
the patterns of each, which might skew the pattern slightly. Go
ahead and build it as you planned.

I haven't looked at it, but I suspect that the method in the book
might also be tied to some form of matching impedances to the two
radiators to the feedline, which is a separate problem, and that you
probably have a plan to solve.

73,

Jim K9YC