Topband: "T" Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: "T" Antenna
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:35:21 -0500
Good Day All,

>From the literature I've researched, the classic "T" vertical antenna is
>strictly a vertically polarized radiator --- the horizontal component(s) of
>its radiation is effectively cancelled by the two halves of the top "T"...

Question: if this is so when the two halves of the "T" are opposed 180-degrees
(as in the "classic" design), what might I expect in terms of horizontal
cancellation were I to place my two halves 90-degrees relative to one
another...? (in other words, if the affair looked like a "V", from a bird's eye
view perspective, looking directly down).

Would cancellation of horizontal radiation be as complete...?

Like other subscribers to the Reflector, I, too, am beginning to wonder if a
move to the "T" vs. inverted "L" might be the best way to go...however, my
limitations in terms of property, tree location, spacing, etc. dictate the
aforementioned 90-degree arrangement, vs. the 180 "classic" set-up.

Thanks in advance, & vy

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ