Re: Topband: Noise

To: marko <xrmarko@gmail.com>, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Noise
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:19:58 +0000
At 17:03 2007-11-28 , marko wrote:
>During the past month or so I have noticed a machine-like noise on top band.
>
>> It is strongest approximately on 1865 kHz where I can hear an intermittent
>> oink-oink-oink sound lasting about 0.7 seconds with a very short break. It
>> sounds like an engine of some sort.

>the noise has been there indeed for more than one month.
>Here in OH the noise strenght is up to s7 time to time
>and direction from east. The noise source must be very
>directional because most Europeans can´t hear it.
>So far it has been reported by OH, SM, OZ, LY hams.

In SM2 the noise is well above S9 most times, and as far as I can see the
direction is SE from here. I have not been able to establish an on/off
pattern, but it is a total relief when this noise generator is switched off..

The purpose of the thing remains unknown to me, but as SM6CPY says, the
signal peaks around 1865 kHz and the passband is at least ranging from 1800
to 2100 kHz.

Interesting..

73 de Peter SM2CEW
www.sm2cew.com