Re: Topband: 160 CW

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 CW
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@doctorgary.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 21:50:38 -0400
I use an old Vibroplex iambic paddle that is set to a hair trigger
and requires minimum effort to push the paddles far enough to make
contact. This helps sending with minimum effort.

An iambic requires the least motions possible to send letters. Ie;
it's maximally efficient as regards the physical motion expended by
you to make a character.

I have my key bolted in place on my keyboard table and because of
that it does not give a bit in a sideways manner and this gives me
the maximum control as the key is not going to slide one iota so the
muscles used are for contacting the paddles to make the character
only and none used to "keep up" with a key that moves around ever so
little as it's being used. That means I can relax the maximum amount
while sending as I have the maximum control with the least effort.

Works for me.

Hope this helps you

Gary
KA1J