Re: Topband: " T"

To: augie.hansen@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: " T"
From: w2pm@aol.com
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 07:09:56 -0400
DGB wrote:
> I understand the length of an "L" is typically a 1/4 wave, up so far
and
> out the remainder. What about a "T" ? Is the total length of the T
top
> what's left over after the vertical section length?

No. The top of the tee antenna is twice the "left-over" length,
providing a balanced, non-radiating horizontal top load for the
vertical
segment if the horizontal wire is straight across.

Gus Hansen
KB0YH

W2PM Replies:

SO of the top wires slope downward they can be shorter?  Also, can you
put an inductor up at the top of the T vert section if you can only
install a short top horiz wire?

73

Pete W2PM