Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing 2009 CQWW 160 contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Announcing 2009 CQWW 160 contest
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:24:08 -0500
"5. A 40-hour maximum operating period has been added for multi-op
entries."

Andy,

I am not certain I understand this rule at all. I have never operated a
160 contest, but it seems to me one would be lucky to get 40 hours of
time on that band.

Besides, even if the band was open for 40 hours, why would there be a
maximum operating time for multi-ops? It seems that multiple operators
would want to operate the entire contest so everyone maximizes their on
air time and fun. Otherwise, why bother operating multi-op at all?

What am I missing here?

David ~ KY1V