Topband: Boring report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 12:50:28 -0700
Hope everyone who made it on for the PreStew had a good time.

Yesterday morning - before the contest started - a rather amazing event took
place.  RA4LW was worked by myself and N7UA (and possibly others) on the
west coast just before our sunrise.  This is something that has happened
before in December!!  Not this early in the season.

Vlad posted recordings of our signals at this URL

http://rw4lyl.ru/index.php?categoryid=4&p13_sectionid=2&p13_fileid=93

As you can hear - signals were pretty good.  My QSO was at 1353Z and I
worked UA4LY at 1356Z (using the same station as RA4LW).

Vlad reported hearing us coming from the southeast - although I seemed to
be hearing him better over the pole.  However, that might have been because
that antenna is quieter than my SW beverage.

Didn't hear him this morning.  Did work UA4LCH last evening in the Stew
however.

T33ZZ was on 1812 this morning - listening up two.  VK9DWX was on again on
their usual frequency (1826.5).  Hope to maybe hear the 9L tonight.  OA4XX
was on the band in the evening.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net