Topband: Inverted L Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L Question
From: Scott Meister <aztec@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 21:08:19 -0500
First year on Top Band and I have a question regarding my inverted L.  I now
have it 55 foot vertical with the remainder horizontal with elevated
radials.  It works well, but the neighbors will not be happy in the spring
when they come back to their summer cottages! Hihi.  I am going to move it
to a permanent home in the woods.  My question is:  I can get the vertical
portion up about 80-100 feet with the remainder horizontal.  The issue is
the horizontal part will have to slope if I put the vertical that high.  Is
this ok, or should I put it vertically high enough to make the horizontal
portion level.  And last maybe I should load it with a coil and make it only
100 feet tall.  Your experience will be appreciated.

Scott
WB2REI
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK