Topband: Not sooo Boring Report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Not sooo Boring Report
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:27:53 -0800
After a two week period of really bad conditions the magical 160m band
opened up last night to Europe. In the log HA9RE a relative newcomer to
top band and IV3PRK a top band perennial. Both modest urban stations,
single verticals and both with improved receive capabilities. The QSOs
while not rag chew quality were solid openings. I had a smile on my face
as Luis, IV3PRK was so excited to work a new rare county who was running
100W.

After several nights of high angle stuff that I could not copy, the low
angle verticals came back into play. After almost 40 years on top band
under 3 different call signs the band remains both magical and mystical.

73

Bob W7RH

--

Bob Kile, W7RH