Re: Topband: Short beverage

To: "Chuck Chandler" <ws1l@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Short beverage
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 18:27:09 -0500
On Jan 22, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Chuck Chandler wrote:
> {T}here is a ravine into the neighbors land that might let me put [a
> Beverage] out around 300 feet or so heading towards Europe.

> I guess my real question is if a short beverage is worth the effort.

Each of my three Beverages (NE, NW, W) is approximately 250 to 300 feet long
because of similar space limitations.  Because my TX vertical is
omnidirectional, I find my Beverages to be extremely useful on 160 (and
certainly 80) much of the time.  I would not be without them.

Bud, W2RU
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK