Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: It is not so much propagation
From: <n8ie@woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:32:14 +0000
I agree Chet.
I'm serious every time I get on air, at least as serious as I can be anyway. LOL

I don't have the acreage for Beverages, I run a 125' L that goes up 30' then
95' horizontal. Currently it only has three radials, mostly because of me not
taking the time to lay out more. Funny how ADD kicks in and I wind up doing
other things.

But with all my un-seriousness I have worked all 48 main land states, all of
Canada, and a total of 50 DXCC. PLUS I have a card from John, ON4UN Mr. 160M
for our QSO on 160M.

73!
Dan, N8IE

---- Chet moore <chetmoore@cox.net> wrote:
> Bill,
>
> I truly wish that was the case.  I think you may be a bit out of touch
> On how many "serious" ops have beverages.  I can't stick one on my 1/4 acre
> lot.  You probably have it right that if you don't have room for beverages
> you probably can't be a big gun but lack of beverages doesn't reduce my my
> "seriousness or enthusiasm for top band.  That being said,  if you will send
> a certified check down here for 400 k I promise that I will  move to  a 2 -
> 3 acre lot and put up a 8 beverages to prove exactly how "serious" I am.
> Bank wire in lieu of a certified check is ok.
>
> 73
>
> Chet N4FX

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK