Re: Topband: Stew Perry, Summer Edition, less than 24 hours away!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry, Summer Edition, less than 24 hours away!
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 22:41:29 -0400
Mike!

I would like to enter with one of those so called Fish Beacons as they
seem to get out better than I do much of the time and with the QRP
designation they would be hard to beat.  I have a huge salt pond about
900 feet from the house were I could float some. They would just
transmit my call continuously and I would log the reception notices on
DX-Summit!  How about a one way "Fish Beacon" category.  No RX with mind
numbing static crashes needed here.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

On 6/15/2012 8:10 PM, w7dra@juno.com wrote:
> there should be a stew class that has three powers - 6V6, 211, 833a
>
> if you can't work 'em with the 6V6, go up to the 211, etc etc
>
> and mark each qso accordingl;y
>
> that should keep the score keepers busy....
>
> mike w7dra
>

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:22:16 -0500 Sam Morgan<k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
> writes:
>> slightly OT
>> I'm looking for a link to a web site that will show me a continuous
>> map
>> covering the time from now through when the Stew Perry is over.
>>
>> Why?
>> I'm trying to decide whither to run QRP or LOW power
>> my decision will be determined by what the map shows
>> as far as what part of the states are predicted to have
>> thunderboomers or not during the night time hours of the Stew
>>
>> --
>> GB&  73
>> K5OAI
>> Sam Morgan
>>
>> On 6/15/2012 12:39 PM, Brian Moran wrote:
>>> 160meters. 14 operating hours. Starts at 1500z tomorrow.
>>>
>>> http://jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html
>>> -Brian N9ADG
>>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

> 53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
> The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4fdbcf15780df51fe15st06vuc

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK