Topband: full wave horiz loop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: full wave horiz loop
From: "Tom W2MN" <w2mn@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 20:35:01 -0500
A couple of us in the radio club were discussing the possibility of
installing a full wave horizontal loop antenna (for Rx and Tx) on top of a
building we have access to. The loop would be about 20ft above the building
roof, making it about 100ft above ground. The loop could be a rectangle
approx. 180ft x 110ft (adjusted for a full wavelength on 160m). We were
thinking of using it on 160m as well as 80m. We would use steel / copper
clad wire and there in NO possibility of support except at the corners; so
it will sag under its own weight.

Would appreciate any comments concerning its usefulness. Is it going to be
worth the effort??

Tom

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK