Re: Topband: Detuning transmit antenna in receive

To: <w2xj@w2xj.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Detuning transmit antenna in receive
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 12:16:52 -0400
If its RF that is a concern the only positive method would be feeding it
into a 50/75 Ohm resistor when transmitting.

I had to do that some years ago when a Beverage ran between the phased
vertical pair and after cooking a few parts in a TS-940. Beverages are now
well away from any TX antennas.

Carl
KM1H