Re: Topband: Summer Stew Results...

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Summer Stew Results...
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:17:34 -0500
I ended up with 12 contacts for the whole night not to shabby for
6w ERP from a 7' tall Hi-Q Screwdriver @ 20' w/16 radials ea 13' long.

Out of the 12 contacts, 2 were ~400km,  2 were ~600km, 4 were ~1100km, 1 was
~1700km, and 3 were over 2000km.

I basically worked every one I could hear, with the exception of
a few (4-5) that I heard answering other folks cq's,
but never heard them anywhere calling cq themselves.

--
GB & 73
K5OAI

On 6/17/2012 8:15 PM, Jim F. wrote:
> I operated about 2 hours in the Stew but enjoyed it to the max.
>
> Congratulations to the very patient operators ( esp. N4IS) who copied
> W1FMR/QRP.
> I was impressed with the N4IS receiving antenna seen on QRZ.com and his 1/4
> wave
> vertical.
>
> Stations that copied my 5w. signal:
>

> K2TTT    234.4 mi
> W6XR    277.7 mi
> K1GQ    38.7 mi
> NO3M    452.5 mi
> VE3TA    465.5 mi
> K1ZO      71.0 mi
> K2CBI    192.0 mi
> VE9HF    292.7 mi
> W2XL     180.2 mi
> AB1OD  118.5 mi
> W3GH    477.1 mi
> N4IS     1287.8 mi
> N4PN    986.7 mi
> VE3OSZ    284.2 mi
> K1LT      650.0 mi
> N3QE    427.0 mi
> K7CS    438.5 mi
>
>    TX/RX antenna is an inv. L with misc. length radials
> and progressing slowly on a (K2AV and W0UCE) FCP.
>
> 73,
> Jim / W1FMR - NH

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK